Menopausal Movie Ratings for the Hormone Impaired
Have you ever agreed to watch a movie you really knew nothing about and it turned out to be a tear jerker you were unprepared to cry through? I have! You watched with people who didn't understand why you were the only one sitting there sobbing uncontrollably. And the tears went on for hours after the movie ended.
I recently watched the movie 7 Pounds with Will Smith. It is a FABULOUS movie! Poignant, well-acted, great story, and I cried BUCKETS! I cried long after the movie ended and it ruined my entire night because I had a 7 pound headache after crying that much.
I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice to have a menopausal movie rating system to help me decide if I wanted to subject myself to a movie that was a tear-jerker? Or if I'd rather watch something that was a giggler? Apparently, nobody had ever thunk of that before so, to help all of us peri meno tear fest participants, I created one.
The Official Menopausal Movie Rating (MMR) System:
- Rated G for Giggles: Scenes of uproarious laughter and some lighthearted fun.
- Rated FG for Feel Good: Lighthearted and cute. A real feel good movie.
- Rated D for Depressing: Slightly depressing theme, but has a happy(ish) ending or overall countenance.
- Rated SG for Spousal Guidance Suggested: Tear-Jerker. Sad theme(s) with only a few happy or neutral scenes. This is a movie you won't want to see without your spouse to comfort you. You might want to wait for a particularly hormone-free day to watch this especially sad one, but with your hubby's help, you can get through a good tear-jerker movie.
- Rated UC17 for Uncontrollable Crying especially difficult for those not in the 17 days of the month (or year) you are happy with your hormones: WARNING WILL ROBINSON! This is a movie so emotionally charged or sad that you really shouldn't watch it at all if you are having a tough hormone day crying at toilet paper commercials, you weigh half a pound more than you did yesterday, or worse, your husband ate your last piece of chocolate!! Grrr!!!!
Movies I've Rated:Rated UC17 for Uncontrollable Crying:
- Passion of the Christ
- 7 Pounds
- Pursuit of Happyness
- Old Yeller
- Terms of Endearment
- Love Story
- It's a Wonderful Life
- Heaven is For Real
- Bridge to Terabithia
- Fiddler on the Roof
- Sound of Music
- The Vow
- Mary Poppins
- War Room
- Facing the Giants
- Fire Proof
- Murder by Death
- Princess Bride
- The Santa Clause
- Mom's Night Out